May 26, 2011

Art Takes London Portfolio Description

Art Takes London Galicias
Click here to see the art takes London portfolio.

Art Takes London Portfolio List
List of item and description and images.

1. Falling World Economy, 2008
Mixed Media, Combined Painting, on wood, 30 by 35 by 3 cm.
Cork board, digital print, sickle, copy of Japanese bill, house oil paint.

It shows a chaotic situation in economy that happened around the world in 2008.



2. Hero At Bart Station, 2009
Acrylic on photographic print
84 by 59 cm, (2.75 by 1.93ft)

Experimenting painting on a digital photograph print with a Japanese anime character costume play figures. I express about heroism in everyday situation.



3. New People, 2009
Oil on 2 canvases
41 by 53 cm and 45 by 53 cm, total length, 86 by 53 cm (2.82 by 1.73ft.)

I made abstract image from my original photograph and painted diptych. It was from the photo from the new people Japanese good store in Japan town, San Francisco. I thought that making all purplish feel more exotic. In Asia color, purple consider as a noble color that is used in a court.



4. Flying Over San Francisco, 2010
Mixed media, acrylic, collage on F30 sized canvas
90.9 by 72.7 by 2 cm, (35.82 by 28.66 in") framed

Making my wishes to get away from the reality and flying back to San Francisco. Doraemon is a Japanese anime cat robot that getting anything from his pocket.



5. Shoe Ads, 2010
Painting Acrylic on F 40 Canvas. 80.3 by 100 cm

Pop Art style, painted from Japanese newspaper shoe advertisement. It shows Japanese culture from the 
newspaper advertisement which could be little different from other countries.



6. Duck Toy Family, 2010
Painting acrylic on canvas.52.8 by 45.6 cm

I painted from setting up photograph at bathtub. It implies a chaotic, disaster situation of family.


7. Hooters, 2003
Polaroid Transfer, digital print on rolled archival rolled paper. 
62 by 80 cm

I took polaroid photo at Hooters, pier San Francisco. And then after I manipulated the image and painted and drew with marker. It shows lively feeling at a tourists street in San Francisco.



8. Mon & Amiga, 2007
Acrylic on Canvas, 60.5 by 50 cm

Monkey and rabbit stuffed dolls. For me, it represents the intimacy between me and my partner. It is kind of metaphorical self portraits.



9. Train Seats, Acrylic on F20 canvas, 2010
72.7 by 60 cm

Landscape, Contemporary style. Japanese local Train Chairs and reflection of our figures on the window depicted from inside a running train. If a city train it is hard to take a photo, but it is a country side one car train which did not have many passengers, so I took photo on the train with my partner. It is kind of travel scene, but I wanted to paint as a still life painting focusing on the chairs.



10. Gay Parade Observers, 2010
Mixed Media on F20 Canvas
72.7 by 60.6cm Mixed media, collage, newspaper, origami, oil.
San Francisco Gay Parade Observers. 

Surrealism, Expressionism.
I thought that sometime it is funny to watch observers than who are IN parade. Everybody are individually interesting people.



11. Sumo Wrestlers Bowing, 2008
Mixed Meida on hand colored, stamped canvas paper
Acrylic, charcoal, conte, gesso
25 by 35 cm, (9.84 by 13.78 inches)

I drew this from the newspaper photo, when the sumo association had caused trouble and wrestlers bowed on the ring with a master. To me it is ironic that national sports caused a lots of trouble and does not function as a noble sports, but I drew it as a humor or apology.



12. Saury Head and Tail, 2009 (no middle part) 
Watercolor on paper together 
70 by 47 cm Fish Head 48.3 by 35.6 cm (19 by 14 in) 
Fish Tail 47 by 35.6 cm (18.5 by 14 in) 
Weight for 2 paintings 500 grams. 

It is a diptych painting that is supposed to hang side by side on a wall little separated in the middle, since the image has luck of the stomach part of the fish. I intended to omit the middle part of the fish to paint which people normally eat, and I want to see how people react if they don't see the whole part of the body. It is like as though you determine people by only head and feet. And it is my implication how people determine and assume about just seeing part of other people.






13. Cosmos A, 2009
Cosmos A, 2009 Acrylic on canvas 
101 by 76 cm, F30 canvas (3.31 by 2.49 ft.)

Painted from digitally manipulated cosmos photo.



14. Peppers, 2008
Pepers Watercolor on Paper, 2008 
47 by 35 cm (18.5 by 14 in) 100g 

Concept on contemporary realistic close-up still life depicted by my own photograph. It plays of color contrast freshness of nature. These peppers were grown at our little farm.



15. Pears, 2008
Watercolor on paper, 47 by 35 cm, 2008 (18.5 by 13.8 in) 

Contemporary, conceptual style that implies ordinary family mother, father, son, and daughter in still life form.



16. "Sequence of water drop", 2009
Mixed media, acrylic, cardboard, plastic sheet, bubble wrap, binder rings, triptych
79 cm by 28 cm (2ft. 7, by 11inch)
300 g (with a box, 500g)

It is experimental abstract mixed media that I used a sequential video and photographs to depict motion of droplet. I wanted some kind of "book" form and also series of works. Also, since it is natural theme, I tried to use recycle materials (not necessarily all organic though), so it is not a traditional form of artistic presentation. Even bubble wrap behind the cardboard, I considered as imaginative droplets, so it makes coherent to me.





17. "Cougar in Grass", 2009
pastel on recycled cardboard
36 by 34 cm (14 inches by 13.5 inches)
200g

Mixed Media exercise. My experimentation of drawing on cardboard, nature and recycle material.



18. Hommage to Weston, 2009
Mixed Media, pastel on acrylic on drawing paper.
50 by 65 cm, (1 ft 7.5 inch by 2 ft 1.5 inch)
200g

I learned photography in San Francisco and Edward Weston is one of my favorite western photographers. I like her women figure portrait, simple and beautiful, so I used for rubbing out painting experimentation.



19. "Critical Mass", 2008
Collage on paper, 9 by 12 inches = A4 paper
newspaper, origami, gouache on original digital print.

It is a San Francisco critical mass scene image and I elaborate my own favorite photo to further collage.



20. Sleeping on a roof, 2008
Acrlyic, gesso, Collage, French bread bag, origami, magazine clipping, photograph, light bulbs on wood board.
41 by 32 cm (1ft 4 by 1ft 1.5 inch)

Experimenting collage, life in Osaka Japan and serene feeling of my partner, Alex while he was in Japan.


Please give feedback if you like.
Tomo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write feedback on my blog. Thanx. (^_^)

Joining newsletter!

FB art page

iTunes

rakuten