May 30, 2007

My first Still Life #2


Flower. The Petal was the hardest, especially on the right flower. 


Kiki. Kiki is the name of the Miyazaki anime. It was the first time to paint stuff doll. I didn't know what to do with the gradation of black.


My bathroom. In Japan, we wash body outside and soak in a tub. There is a space to sit down and wash body under the shower. It was the first casual still life exercise. I enjoyed creating pastel tone.


Silver Water Pot, 14 by 18 inches. The background wasn't so good, but maybe this was my turning point of still life exercises.


Acrylic on board, $156


Toothbrushes. In this semester, this was the most challenging work that I have done. I was strugging with the details of all the shapes, objects and feeling of the window and color behind it. I cannot wait to learn more advance and contemporary style of still life.












http://www.absolutearts.com/cgi-bin/portfolio/art/your-art.cgi?login=tomoenk6&title=Toothbrushes-1361245333t.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write feedback on my blog. Thanx. (^_^)

Joining newsletter!

FB art page

iTunes

rakuten